Ancestral Author Classic No Longer For Sale
Posted 25 July 2023
- As of 21 July 2023, Ancestral Author Classic is no longer being sold as a product. We will continue to support existing customers. For more details, read about the AA Classic Retirement.
Ancestral Author Classic 2.9.31 Released
Posted 25 June 2021
- The help text has been updated to link to the new AncestralSoftworks.com website. Stale links to the old AncestralAuthor.com website have been removed. This fixes a bug that would cause the help processor to hang when clicking on one of these outdated links.
- A few other minor bugs have been fixed. Some error messages have been improved, and some changes have been made to improve the maintainability of the code.
- The Ancestral Author Classic retirement plan has been announced. Read about it here.
- Ancestral Author Classic is no longer supported on Windows/XP.
Ancestral Author Classic 2.9.30 Released
Posted 11 Sep 2020
- Fixed a bug related to the appearance of names in the name index. Prior to this release, if the GEDCOM NAME tag had a NSFX (name suffix) tag underneath, then the name would appear in the index under the name suffix (Jr., Sr., Esq., etc) rather than the surname. This bug has been fixed in 2.9.30
- A new option has been added to disable processing of the GEDCOM 'name pieces' tags (NPFX, GIVN, NICK, SURN, NSFX). This option can be set by pressing the Options button, and choosing the 'Name - 2' tab. Disabling the processing of these tags can be useful if the GEDCOM uses them in a non-standard way.
- Other code maintenance updates.
Ancestral Author Classic 2.9.29 Released
Posted 9 Aug 2019
- The ability to control the line spacing between children in a report has been added.
- Improvements have been made to the way source records on notes appear in the PDF document. Sources on notes can now appear as citations, in addition to inline text. Also, the appearance of source records in the PDF document can be completely suppressed.
- Performance improvements, bug fixes.
Ancestral Author Classic 2.9.28 Released
Posted 12 April 2019
- Improvements were made to hyperlinks in descendant reports. Specifically, spouses are now linked if they are descendants of the root.
- Some bugs were fixed.
- Switching to a new license code format. Old license codes will still be supported.
Ancestral Author Classic 2.9.27 Released
Posted 27 December 2018
The following changes have been made to Ancestral Author Classic:
- The version numbering scheme has changed from '2.9y' format to '2.9.25' format. This new versioning scheme conveys the same information as the previous versioning scheme (with letter replaced by position in the alphabet), but conforms to the software standard semantic versioning system documented here.
- Ancestral Author now checks to see if a new release is available. If so, it informs you with a dialog message. It will also place a link on the main dialog page that (if clicked) takes you to the download page.