Ancestral Author Classic Will Be Retired in Three Years
Our goal is to migrate all useful functionality in Ancestral Author Classic to Ancestral Author Plus, so that Classic users can upgrade to Plus with minimal effort, and minimal loss of functionality. AA Plus already supports most of the features of AA Classic, plus many extra features not available in AA Classic. The remaining Classic features not yet supported in Plus will be added in the coming months, based primarily on user requests.
The timeline for retiring Ancestral Author Classic is shown in the chart below:
AA Classic Retirement Timeline
- AA Classic will no longer be available for sale after 21 July 2022.
- But new features will continue to be added, based on requests from existing customers, until 21 July 2023, and bugs will continue to be fixed until a full year after that.
- We recommend that existing AA Classic customers take advantage of the AA Plus upgrade discount, which allows customers to upgrade to AA Plus for $10. After 21 July 2023, the discount will no longer be available.
By 21 July 2024, Ancestral Author Classic will be completely retired. This doesn’t mean that it will stop working – but there won’t be any further releases after that date.
Help Us Test The Transition From AA Classic to Plus – Make Your Voice Heard
We have recently enhanced Ancestral Author Plus so that it can read Ancestral Author Classic scripts, and are looking for a limited number of AA Classic customers to help us test this functionality. There are good reasons to participate in this beta testing program:
- You will receive a free upgrade to Ancestral Author Plus, and
- Your requests for new AA Plus features will be given high priority.
By participating in this program, you can provide direct feedback about AA Classic features that are important to you that are not yet implemented in AA Plus. If you are interested, fill out the form below, and press Submit.