To Install on Windows
- Open Folder Where AA Plus (or AA Classic) Was Downloaded
- Double Click AAPlus.exe (or AAClassic.exe)
- Follow Instructions
If a previous version of AA is installed, it will be overwritten, but all your settings will be saved.
To Uninstall on Windows 7 or 8
- Click windows icon on bottom left of screen
- Select Control Panel
- Under Programs, select Uninstall
- Find Ancestral Author
- Click Uninstall
To Uninstall on Windows 10
- Right click windows icon on bottom left of screen
- Select Apps and Features
- Find Ancestral Author and click on it
- Click Uninstall
To Install on macOS
- Press the Download button above to download AA-installer.dmg
- Double click AA-installer.dmg
- Accept the license agreement
- On the next dialog, drag the AA icon onto the Applications folder icon
- Exit the dialog, Ancestral Author Plus is now installed
If you get an “AA can’t be opened …” message when you try to run Ancestral Author: open Ancestral Author again from the Finder. When the error dialog appears, click the ‘?’ help icon and follow the instructions.
To Uninstall on macOS
- In the Finder, locate Ancestral Author in the applications folder
- Right click on Ancestral Author and select the ‘Move to Trash’ or ‘Move to Bin’ menu item
About The Downloads
Existing customers of Ancestral Author Plus can download updated versions of AA Plus here for free. You will not need to re-enter your license code if you install on the same computer that has the older version. Ancestral Author Classic updates are also free.
If you are not yet a customer, you can download trial versions of the software here. The trial version will emit a watermark across each page of the output document. When you purchase Ancestral Author, you will obtain a license code by email. When you enter the license code into Ancestral Author, generated documents will no longer have a watermark.